Zootennis


Schedule a training visit to the prestigious Junior Tennis Champions Center in College Park, MD by clicking on the banner above

Wednesday, December 30, 2015

Junior Orange Bowl Recap, Slideshow

My recap of the Junior Orange Bowl, which finished last week, is up today at the Tennis Recruiting Network, and below is the slideshow of the players who made the quarterfinals or reached the consolation finals. As with all the other tournaments, the videos will have to wait until I can find the time to clear some room on my computer to process them, but look for them in January.

The album is accessible on mobile devices from this link.

3 comments:

Marty Collins said...

It's almost cute how big the Chinese Nationals boys players appear. Oh well.

Em said...

I have to say that all the kids grow at different pace, and while some grow bigger and taller at 12 or even 11, many grow later at 16 and even 17, especially boys. I know when my son was 11 he was tiny and some of his friends were not just tall but broad as well. Growth patterns in different ethnic groups might be different as well. Now at 16, my son is taller than many of his friends who at 14 dwarfed him. Height is certainly a factor in many of 12, 14 and even 16 tennis matches so it is not surprising to me that bigger boys are more present at big tournaments. I think we might be too quick to judge, and trust me as a parent of a very late bloomer, I was guilty of same and I am very aware that there is age cheating in junior tennis as well. It boggles my mind as to why some parents do this, but I know many of us who don't.

Marty Collins said...

I call a spade a spade. I suspect age cheating if the child was not born in the United States and the happen to be much bigger than kids age category that they compete in. I don't investigate or narc out kids but I proceed accordingly. I have no problem if others don't care or choose to wear blinders.